Saturday, September 24, 2011

Family Weekend!!


This weekend marks my official welcome into the Notre Dame of Maryland University community.  My family came to Baltimore today for my Honors Convocation.  This morning as my roommate Laura and I were getting ready to meet the rest of the Class of 2015 outside of Theresa Hall we both realized that we have been at school for a month already and that the next 4 years are going to fly by just as fast.  When it was time for us to head downstairs to meet our family I felt a mix of emotions.  I was excited to see my family because I've missed them so much.  I was also thinking about how in 4 years I will be wearing the same exact cap and gown that I have draped over my arm when I graduate from this University.  In the picture you see below is my family after Honors Convocation.  I love my family so much


I was able to go to the Crab Feast with my roommate Laura, and o boy were those crabs good!!! Hanging out with the ladies on campus is just so fun and I cannot wait for you to experience the dorm life so you really have an idea of what us Notre Dame ladies do on the weekends we don't go home!!

As I sat listening to the speeches and listening to the words Dr. Seurkamp gave words of wisdom to the new students I realized that I am now on a journey of learning more about myself and learn what it truly means to be a Notre Dame woman! We were welcomed into the Notre Dame family with open arms.  The one thing a lot of us girls were looking forward to after Honors Convocation was being able to have guests past 8:00 PM (but believe me its not that big of a deal). 

To finish out the weekend I am staying with my family in the hotel and then spending some family time with them tomorrow then heading back to campus.  Ladies this week will be a rough week because I have big tests and papers this week so if I don't get on here as much that it probably why, but I will do my best to get on here just for all of you :).  Hope your school year is going well and please remember to keep an eye on your application deadlines for your college apps; the earlier you get them in the more money you can get sometimes and the less stress you have on your shoulders.  Make sure you send your SAT scores to the school!!

Hope you all come to the Fall Preview weekend and all upcoming admissions events!! I am a STAR with the admissions team so some of you wonderful young ladies might have the honor of staying in the dorm room with me and my roommate Laura haha!  Well ladies I'm going to hop off here and watch some TV with my family!!

Enjoy your weekend and do your homework like good students!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment